Black Fire Forge
Immediate Action M.E.L.D. by Black Fire ForgeBlack Fire Forge
Designed in partnership with Brandon Rapolla of Immedate Action Armor and Immediate Action Training, the MELD (Multi Environment Lightweight Defense) rifle is a true multi-purpose tool. Brandon had several boxes we needed to check before he'd sign off on the design. The gun had to have the same rugged reliability and top-tier performance our rifles are known for but also needed to be lightweight, largely ambidextrous, be a suppressor host and have a muzzle brake for recoil mitigation. He also wanted a decent fighting trigger and the gun needed to be deployable in any practical environment a person may find themselves in. Lastly, the rifle needed to come in at an attainable price point. In other words, we needed to make a damn near perfect bug-out gun. The MELD is the end result of over a year of development and testing and we gotta say, we're pretty pleased with the way it turned out! We were able to check all the boxes without making any meaningful sacrifices and we think shooters will love it too.
Available in four primary colors: Standard Black Anodized, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green and our signature color, Black Fire Forge Nexus, ensuring that you know you have the correct color for whatever your needs are. We even paint some of the small parts like the buffer tube and the trigger guard because, just like the way we build our rifles, details matter.
Other colors are available upon request. Call 918-695-5156 or email us at email@example.com for inquiries. Please allow an extra 5-10 business days for Cerakote colors.
You can check Brandon and IA out here: iaarmor.com
- Only 5.9lbs!
- .223 Wylde chamber
- 14.5" 4150 CrMoV 1:8 twist lightweight profile barrel with nitride finish and mid-length gas system
- 13" free-float handguard with full 12 o'clock top rail and M-Lok slots on the primary surfaces
- 7075 forged receiver set
- Nitride finished Mil-Spec M16 BCG
- 6-position collapsible stock
- Carbine buffer system
- Oversized trigger guard
- 4.5lb HF EDT single stage duty trigger
- Ambidextrous 45 degree safety (can be set to 90 degrees if desired)
- Ambidextrous charging handle
- Ships standard with pinned and welded Dead Air KeyMo compatible muzzle brake making the gun easily achieve the minimum 16" barrel required by the NFA
- Includes one 30 round magazine and one M-Lok QD mounting point
- Staked castle nut and QD end plate
- Lifetime warranty
If you purchased a serialized item (rifle or lower receiver), you must email a copy of your FFL along with your full name & phone number with it to firstname.lastname@example.org