Black Fire Forge
People often interchange the terms "designated marksman" and 'sniper" and although these roles can have some similar functions they are actually quite different. The 917 DMR is a high performance rifle with the more impromptu, defensive and reactive roles designated marksmen are likely to encounter in mind. The gun is capable of exceptional accuracy when needed, especially at the ranges normally encountered by law enforcement marksmen, but unlike most sniper systems it is also manageable enough to be useful in an entry or patrol type situation. The 5.56/.223 ammo cross compatibility makes it more useful in team type situations where a DM might find himself in need of "borrowing" his buddy's ammo and the unique gas and recoil system makes rapid follow-up shots a breeze.
Available in four primary colors: Standard Black Anodized, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green and our signature color, Black Fire Forge Nexus, ensuring that you know you have the correct color for whatever your needs are. We even paint some of the small parts like the buffer tube and the trigger guard because, just like the way we build our rifles, details matter.
Other colors are available upon request. Call 918-695-5156 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries. Please allow an extra 5-10 business days for Cerakote colors.
As with all our Duty Series rifles, the 917 DMR qualifies for our Overwatch Program.
- .223 Wylde match chamber
- 16.25" 416R stainless 1:8 twist barrel with nitride finish and intermediate (longer than mid, shorter than rifle) gas system for more manageable recoil
- Easily capable of sub-MOA accuracy with appropriate ammunition
- 15" free-float handguard with full 12 o'clock top rail and M-Lok slots on the primary surfaces
- 7075 forged receiver set
- Nitride finished Mil-Spec M16 BCG
- Sterile lower receiver with minimal markings to allow for agency customization
- 8-position collapsible stock
- BCM MK2 Buffer system allowing for longer length of pull in awkward positions and aids in recoil management for faster follow-up shots
- Oversized trigger guard
- Triggertech Diamond 1.5-4lb adjustable two stage trigger with other options available
- Ambidextrous 45 degree safety (can be set to 90 degrees if desired)
- Ambidextrous charging handle
- Ships standard with prong style Dead Air KeyMo compatible muzzle device (other options available)
- Includes one 30 round magazine and one M-Lok QD mounting point (options available for agency/officer purchase)
- Staked castle nut and QD end plate
- Lifetime warranty
- For variants of the standard offering: trigger, safety, muzzle device, etc; please just call us at 918-695-5156 and we will get you taken care of
If you purchased a serialized item (rifle or lower receiver), you must email a copy of your FFL along with your full name & phone number with it to email@example.com